We are accepting applications for the 2017 Annual Meeting Scholarship Awards
As a cooperative, we are committed to the communities we serve and want to provide Whitewater Valley REMC members the opportunity to develop their skills and continue learning by assisting their efforts to further their education with scholarships. A scholarship program has been established to offer assistance to those members, or dependents of members, desiring to further their education.
Scholarships will be awarded in increments of $750.00. Applications must be submitted to the Whitewater Valley REMC office no later than 4:30p.m. on February 1, 2017. Qualified applicants will be entered into a drawing to be held at the annual meeting on Monday, March 13, 2017. Scholarship funds will be dispersed to the school for those drawn upon proof of enrollment to the college or trade school.
- The parent/legal guardian of the applicant must be members of Whitewater Valley REMC.
- Applicant must be either a graduating high school senior or be a freshman, sophomore, or junior in any recognized college, university, trade or vocational school but not older than 25 years of age.
- Students are allowed to receive only one Whitewater Valley REMC scholarship during their academic career. Previous recipients will be disqualified.
- Scholarship funds may be applied towards tuition or course fees at any recognized two-year or four-year college or trade school.
- Full or part-time employees of Whitewater Valley REMC; or a spouse, son, daughter, stepson, stepdaughter, grandchild, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, niece or nephew of an employee or director of Whitewater Valley REMC is ineligible to apply.
- The student and/or the student’s parent or legal guardian must be present at the annual meeting drawing.
- Recipients must be enrolled as a full time student in the fall of 2017. Proof of enrollment must be presented to Whitewater Valley REMC before funds will be dispersed but does not need to accompany this application. In the event a student is unable to fulfill his/her enrollment obligations under this program, the award is forfeited.