2024 Electric Outdoor Equipment Program
We’ve added additional equipment eligible for a rebate! Download the application for details and the list of qualifying equipment.
Your electric cooperative is offering rebates on electric lawnmowers, leaf blowers and string trimmers, and more – up to $50 toward the cost of new equipment.
Whether you search online or stop by your local hardware store, we want you to find equipment to keep your lawn well-maintained for years to come. When shopping, look for manufacturers who use lithium-ion batteries as they provide the power you expect and charge quickly. If you need a new push mower, be sure you choose a model that runs on at least 36 volts.
The brand you choose is up to you, as well as where you make the purchase – we trust you know what you need and respect where you want to shop.
Why go electric – beyond the savings this incentive provides? You can say goodbye to gas cans and mixing two-cycle fuel. With electric equipment, all you have to do is keep your battery packs charged. This incentive will be offered on a first-come first-served basis.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
For more information, please contact Whitewater Valley REMC at 765-458-5171.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
• Must be a current Whitewater Valley REMC residential member-consumer.
• Equipment purchases must be used for a home served by Whitewater Valley REMC.
• Applicant must occupy the home where the equipment is utilized year-round (12 months).
• Program eligibility includes prior participation in rebate programs with incentive and measure caps specific for each program. Applications in excess of program caps will not be processed.
• The electric outdoor equipment rebate is designed for purchases of electric outdoor equipment: trimmers, leaf blowers, chain saws, snow blowers, rototillers, pressure washers, push mowers with a minimum of 36 volts, and riding electric-powered mowers.
• All applicants must provide a receipt/invoice noting description of equipment, quantity and a breakout of costs.
• Submission for electric outdoor equipment rebate must include application and itemized receipt or invoice. Applicant understands no rebate will be given if applicant fails to provide required documentation.
• Limit of two rebates per year.
• Whitewater Valley REMC reserves the right to approve or deny incentive.
• The incentive payment cannot exceed 50% of the total equipment cost, up to allotted rebate dollars as noted on application. Taxes and fees cannot be included in the equipment cost.
• Rebates may take up to six weeks from receipt of the application by Whitewater Valley REMC to process.
• Approved rebates will be returned to the applicant in the form of a bill credit or check by mail, via the U.S. Postal Service.
• Application approval is not a guarantee of incentive payment.
• Whitewater Valley REMC reserves the right to withhold payment for products that do not meet the program requirements as determined within its sole discretion.
• Incentives are paid as a one-time, one-program offer and cannot be combined with incentive payments, rebates or discount programs from other utility providers.
• Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis while funds are available.
• Submission for rebates must be within 90 days of purchase in the same calendar year.
• Applications become the property of Whitewater Valley REMC and will not be returned. Please keep a copy for your records.
• All rebated equipment must be new. Used or rebuilt equipment is not eligible for an incentive.
• Rebated equipment must meet all requirements from the manufacturer’s warranty.
• Rebated equipment must meet the technical specifications listed in the application form.
• Applicant agrees to purchase power from Whitewater Valley REMC for a period of one year. Should the applicant receive 100% of their power from any source other than Whitewater Valley REMC, including generation owned by the customer before the end of one year, the applicant agrees to refund the full amount of the rebate to Whitewater Valley REMC.
• Hoosier Energy maintains full discretion over the rebate and reserves the right to modify the program at any time.