Did You Know?
WWVREMC offers My Solar, a cooperative solar program. My Solar provides electricity through solar energy without any installation on your home or business. Members have access to easy, affordable solar power, no matter where you live.
Rather than installing these solar panels on your home or business, Whitewater Valley REMC will keep and maintain your panels at one of our solar arrays. Participating members will see the change on their monthly electric bill, with each panel generating approximately 450-500 kilowatt hours annually.
How It Works
Option #1: Upfront Payment
- $500 per panel “My Solar” fee for a share of the cooperative solar project.
- Members will get a Production Bill Credit each month based on the production of the panel. Rate of Production Bill Credit = $0.055/kWh
- Production of a panel = average production of a panel based on every panel at all 10 sites.
- 20-year term
- Upfront Payment Membership Agreement
Option #2: Fixed Rate
- Members enroll for a share of the cooperative solar project and will lock in a fixed rate for subscribed solar energy.
- Pays $0.01/kWh extra for the average energy produced per share which will appear as a line item on your monthly bill.
- Production of a panel = average production of a panel based on every panel at all 10 sites. (In other words, the total production of all 10 sites combined divided by the total number of panels at all 10 sites)
- 10-year term – but can be terminated by member at any time.
- Fixed Rate Membership Agreement
Your monthly service will be billed by WWVREMC as usual. You will continue to pay normal distribution fees and trackers for all energy, including solar.
The program brochure outlines each option including estimated output for each share and subscriber rates.
How Can I Participate?
To participate in WWVREMC’s My Solar Program, follow these easy steps:
- Determine which option is right for you.
- Determine how many panels are right for you. If you need help determining that number, contact WWVREMC for assistance. We are happy to help you.
- Sign the Membership Agreement.
- Pay for the number of panels you choose if taking Option #1 – checks, cash, and credit cards are accepted. Contact us at 1-800-529-5557 for more details.
Our member support staff at WWVREMC can answer your My Solar Program related inquiries. We are available Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm at 765-458-5171 or 800-529-5557.
We are excited to offer this cooperative solar program and are committed to providing you with excellent service.
It is affordable.
There is nothing to finance.
No maintenance issues.
No shade limitations.
Renters can participate.